Saturday, May 07, 2005

First Impressions

My ideal first impression upon meeting any of you would lead you to deduce that I am incredibly intellectual, fiercely individual, and altogether lovely. For this to occur, you would probably have to notice me by chance from across a small, cozy bookstore, I would have to be wearing a mauve-ish sweater and an incredibly flattering woven skirt of some sort along with a cute pair of reading glasses, and my hands would have to be cradling a book of wide renown but which is not commonly read by people of my age group (something along the lines of War and Peace, or anything else by Tolstoy for that matter).

Unfortunately, if I were actually to meet any of you in person, the first impression that you would have of me would probably lead you to assume that I am a loafer who shops
primarily at places like Walmart or Target and has no greater than a seventh-grade reading level. This would occur because you would notice me by chance from across Barnes and Noble, I would be wearing worn-out blue jeans, a pseudo-stylish shirt, and no make up, and my hands would be cradling some novel from the juvenile fiction section (something along the lines of Peter Pan or Stuart Little, or anything by Roald Dahl for that matter).

Luckily, your first impressions of me will be made entirely on the internet. Cheers! However this means that you may deduce almost anything about me, but I'm a very optimistic person. I try not to let others' opinions influence me too much.

Anyway, to get to the point, I've decided that I need a place to publish funny things that occur to me or happen to me. These things may just be funny to me, but I am sure (or rather, I am hoping) that there are others out there with a sense of humor similar to my own who will also appreciate the everyday, mundane, funny stuff that goes on in my life.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home