Thursday, May 26, 2005

I am a Silly, Silly Girl.

At this very moment, I ought to be slaving away over Jane Eyre stuff. Instead, I am going to record what I have just realized after self-reflecting for the past half hour.

I am a silly teenage girl who has no idea what she is doing.

I want to live in a neighborhood of make believe where I can sleep till nine, read all day long, watch wonderful films unceasingly, write memorable novels, be in love, and wear pretty dresses or pyjamas all the time. What major would get me on the road to that career? Which colleges offer that major? Where am I going to find enough wonderful films to be able to watch them unceasingly? And how will I read while doing that? And who will pay me to do it?

Unfortunately (or fortunately, as I may feel tomorrow), I live in a real-life life. I have to figure out what I'm going to do next year, apply for a job, do laundry, shower, and, presently, wake up at seven.

Right now, I need to work on Jane Eyre so that one of my favorite teachers will not be forced to say unhappy things to me tomorrow...

Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A part of me wants to build a cottage in the woods for you to sleep late, read and watch movies (only the classics) all day. However when it came time for you to be a grandmother you would have no stories of your own to tell your grand-daughter.

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for."

Flintlock Tom

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home