Thursday, August 04, 2005

How I Have Failed

Today, I discovered that I have failed my first summer as a high school graduate.

It is very very sad.

1. I have failed to get a job.

2. I have failed to spend gift money productively (minus the money spent at IKEA to organize my room and the money spent to put gas in the car (which wasn't very much at all)).

3. I have failed to write the Great American Novel. (It's true.)

4. I have failed to write a somewhat worthwhile novel.

5. I have failed to write a mediocre novel.

6. I have failed even to write an entirely pointless and internationally despised novel.

7. I have failed to make meaningful memories with my friends (aside from a select few).

But I have never been bored. I've always had a good book to read. I took a nice vacation with my family.

And I got some mice. They are cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home