Monday, July 04, 2005

The Whale

Today, I noticed a mark on the bathroom door that had been left by Scotch tape long removed, and I suddenly remembered The Whale. Sometime in preschool which I assume was age three or four, we drew on dark-colored construction paper using Ivory soap as a crayon. I drew a whale, and if I remember accurately, it was a pretty good whale. I taped it to the bathroom door because it was drawn with soap, and soap suits the bathroom.

Suddenly, I want to draw with soap, so tomorrow, when I am through applying for college and applying for employment, I think I'm going to make a new whale.

And maybe a penguin. Soap is the perfect medium with which to make Antarctic landscapes.

NOTE: I need to apologize or recant or something like that because I recently viewed the film "When Harry Met Sally," and Meg Ryan's nose definitely does some running in that movie. I take back what I said earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home