Friday, March 17, 2006

Regaining Equilibrium

“Why not learn to enjoy the little things -- there are so many of them.”

If you're here for the angst, scroll down. You'll find it. (It's hiding in that post about libraries and collaging.)

10 Simple Things That Simply Make Me Happy:
1. Sharp Cheddar Cheese (1st thing to come to mind, really)
2. Rainy Days
3. Penguins (except the one in Wallace and Gromit)
4. Sheep (especially the one in Wallace and Gromit)
5. Pretty much anything cute and soft
7. The Smell of the Library
8. Tuna Salad
9. Vikings (the kindly sort)
10. Spoons

10 Meaningful Things That Make Me Happy
1. Dad
2. Mom
3. David
4. Luke
5. Philip
6. Grama
7. Unconditional Love
8. Friends who tell it like it is
9. Mark 5:36
10. Fellowship with people who really "get" me

10 Things That Are Somewhere In Between That Make Me Happy
1. Trips to Disneyland with close friends
2. Long drives by myself
3. Little kids who say just what I need to hear
4. Comments on Xanga, Myspace, and DeviantArt
5. Little kids in general
6. Handwritten letters
7. Finding out that a great book has a sequel!
8. Getting stuff on Ebay for ridiculously low prices
9. Sweaters with whales on them
10. Musical Theatre

And now, because I've been dying to make a list:

10 Guys who I wish weren't dead or way too old for me or fictional
1. Alexander Hamilton
2. Alan Alda (hahaha)
3. Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey)
4. Sir Ernest Shackleton
5. Dick Van Dyke
6. Stephen Colly (I Capture the Castle)
7. Saint/Sir Thomas More
8. Gregory Peck
9. Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
10. Mark Twain

*Deep Breath* I really do feel better now.

P.S. Oh, and I need to note that ever since I read Cold Comfort Farm, I've wanted desperately to tell a man that he has heavenly teeth. Now that I have that off my chest, I can get on with my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I forgot mice. They make me happy too.

Especially literary ones like this. This one is from The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo and drawn by Timothy Basil Ering.

(This is weird, and I have to note: Timothy is the mouse in Dumbo; Basil is the Great Mouse Detective. Ering means nothing to me aside from that show with that guy in it which has nothing to do with mice...)

11:07 PM  
Blogger amandalanalana said...

i just have to say, you're awesome. i know this is weird, and aukward, and i thought you were actually someone else, so im sorry for continuing to lurk. but i just thought i should tell you.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home